The health and safety of our patients and staff are always the first priority at Somerset Orthodontic Specialists. Our office follows the infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration We have been hard at work getting our office ready for you and we look forward to welcoming you! As you will see at your next visit, there have been some changes and new protocols we have implemented to ensure everyone's care and safety.
Please do not hesitate to contact the office to discuss any questions you may have about our new health and safety policies below.
- Pre-screening appointment phone call: the office will be calling to confirm your appointment and to go over some new changes we have implemented.
- Appointment day: Please call the office once you arrive. Please do not come to early or too late. We will bring a Wellness Screening questionnaire out to your vehicle for you to fill out. We kindly ask each patient to come in by themselves and parents or chaperones to remain in their vehicle.
- All individuals entering our office must be wearing a face covering/mask. Patients will have their temperature taken with a no-touch forehead thermometer and will be given hand sanitizer before entering the clinic area.
- Our waiting room will have very limited seating due to social distancing.
- The reception desk will have hand sanitizer and a sneeze-guard.
- Once the appointment is completed, an update will be given and the next appointment will be booked before you leave our office.
- Frequently touched surfaces such as door handles, chairs, desks and bathrooms will be cleaned and disinfected after EACH patient.
- Toothbrush stations are temporarily closed. Please make sure you brush before your appointment.
- Staff members will be wearing appropriate PPE (Personal Protective Equipment).
Some appointments, such as observation visits, retainer checks, Invisalign, and even a New Patient visit can be conducted virtually. This will not only save you a trip, it promotes social distance. We can discuss these options with you when we call to confirm your appointment.
We look forward to seeing everyone again!